National Service Scheme
NSS - Activities
NSS Unit Program Officer: Roselyn Norfolk M.A
Dated : 9th March 2019.
NSS visit an Orphanage named “FERD AMAN RAINBOW HOME”
- A visit to an Orphanage is a life-changing experience as it is filled with emotions and sentiments.
- The NSS UNIT OF MADINA DEGREE & PG COLLEGE got an Opportunity to visit an Orphanage named “FERD AMAN RAINBOW HOME” located in Musheerabad. (A residential home for girls) on 9th March 2019.
- There were around 120 children with 4 care-takers and a woman in charge.
- One of our NSS Volunteers celebrated her birthday by arranging chocolates, biscuits & fruits for them.
- Many volunteers donated books, stationary, clothes & toys.
- There were many more things donated by our NSS UNIT which had made the day memorable for them.
Dated : Date: 17-Mar-2018
REPORT ON NSS SPECIAL CAMP (19th TO 26th FEB 2018)
NSS student volunteers from Madina degree & PG College, Himayath nagar have depicted their nationality through NSS residential special camp. They took a forward step by conducting a stay camp for a week at a village chinnamangalaram, Moinabad, R.R district, Telengana.
DAY 1: Inauguration ceremony attended by OU coordinator Mr. R. Chandru and Mr. Raviteja followed by orientation program and parade by the coordinators team i.e., Mr.Sharath & Mrs.Swetha. Chief Guest was sarpanch, Mrs.Balamani garu and school headmaster Mr.Mallesham (Zilla parishad high school) was also present.
DAY 2: Survey about the village and the problems in the morning followed by youth awareness program about Digitalization in the evening.
DAY 3: Swatch Bharat program is done in the Zilla parishad school premises and the area near the school followed by hygiene awareness program for villagers.
DAY 4: Medical camp was conducted a team of doctors from “AAYAN SCHOOL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES” who checked up the villagers and also addressed on their medical issues.
DAY 5: Cultural activities, skits & folk dance on the “Youth for education” theme and performances are done by both volunteers and villagers.
DAY 6: Awareness program about foods safety, Nutrition and public health was conducted.
DAY 7: Discussion with villagers on social issues like child marriage, gender equality, superstition and Education for girls.
45 NSS volunteers + 5villagers participated in the camp which was a great learning experience for them.